Published by the author, 2007.
The book went out of print in October 2013, but copies may be seen in various places including the following (fees may sometimes apply):
United Kingdom: Bexley Library, Cambridge University Library, Cambridgeshire Libraries, Essex Libraries, Kent Libraries & Archives, Middlesbrough Libraries, Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames Libraries, London Library (Biographical Collections), Oxford University Library, Yorkshire Archaeological Society (Leeds), The British Library (St Pancras), The British Library (British National Bibliography), The National Archives (Kew), London Family History Centre (Kew), Society of Genealogists (London), College of Arms Library, Royal Archives (Windsor) and Royal Library (Windsor), Institute of Historical Research (London University).
Ireland: Trinity College Dublin.
USA: Family History Library (Salt Lake City), Allen County Library (Fort Wayne, Indiana), Saint Louis County Library (Missouri).
Canada: Toronto Public Library, Vancouver Public Library.
Australia: Society of Australian Genealogists (Sydney), Yarra Plenty Regional Library Service (Melbourne).
New Zealand: National Library of New Zealand.
It investigates all the claims that have come to the author's attention in over fifty years of research, backed up with very wide reading in biographies, memoirs, newspapers, satirical prints, diaries, probate records and a vast range of other contemporary records in the British Isles and overseas. The research has also taken advantage of the many computerised indexes to records that have become available in recent years but have been little used by other biographers. The resulting work adds very considerably to the existing knowledge of a great number of people on the fringes of history, corrects many accounts and provides, for the first time, a firm source-based reference work by an authority in the genealogical field against which future claims may be considered. The 29 members of the Royal Family considered are:
- George I (1660-1727)
- Sophia Dorothea of Celle (1666-1726)
- George II (1683-1760)
- Frederick, Prince of Wales (1707-1751)
- Princess Amelia (1711-1786)
- William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland (1721-1765)
- George III (1738-1820)
- Edward Augustus, Duke of York (1739-1767)
- William Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1743-1805)
- William Frederick, Duke of Gloucester (1776-1834)
- Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland (1745-1790)
- George IV (1762-1830)
- Queen Caroline (1768-1821)
- Frederick, Duke of York (1763-1827)
- William IV (1765-1837)
- Edward, Duke of Kent (1767-1820)
- Princess Augusta (1768-1840)
- Princess Elizabeth (1770-1840)
- Ernest, Duke of Cumberland (1771-1851)
- Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex (1773-1843)
- Princess Sophia (1777-1848)
- Princess Amelia (1783-1810)
- George, 2nd Duke of Cambridge (1819-1904)
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901)
- Edward VII (1841-1910)
- Princess Louise (1848-1939)
- Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence (1864-1892)
- George V (1865-1936)
- Edward VIII later Duke of Windsor (1894-1972).